- Personal profile
Mr. Xiangyang Ge has over 25 years of experience in assisting a broad range of Chinese and foreign clients in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, joint ventures and other types of investments, focusing on such industries as conventional and unconventional energy, mineral resources, healthcare, food and agriculture. He regularly assists large Chinese enterprises and institutions in their outbound investments.
• Assisted the largest Chinese oil company on various upstream oil and gas, pipeline and coalbed methane projects including a large scale LNG project in Mozambique.
• Assisted a Chinese solar industry company on its series of acquisitions of clean energy companies in Europe and in the U.S.
• Assisted major Chinese mining enterprises in relation to their projects in Mauritania, Zambia, DRC, Myanmar, Malaysia and Indonesia.
• Assisted a major US oil company on various upstream oil and gas, and shale gas projects in China.
• Assisted the world largest food company on its acquisition of infant nutrition business for US$11.85 billion and various projects in China.
• Assisted a Hong Kong public company in its various acquisitions and disposals of oil and gas assets in China.
Mr. Ge has been appointed as Legal Advisor by the Hunan Provincial People's Government. He is an arbitrator of Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration. He was also a specially-invited professor at Tsinghua University Law School.
Before joining Deloitte, Mr. Ge was a partner with two major international law firms.